This scarf is particularly meaningful to me: in 2017 I created The Imperfect Project -- an art song recital celebrating imperfection. One of the songs that inspired me was Penelope by Canadian composer, Cecilia Livingston.
During the rehearsal period, I kept a sketchbook, and the character of Penelope came back in a number of my pieces. The image on this scarf, was my favourite vision of Penelope, faithfully waiting for Odysseus to come home, in watercolour and ink.
So there you have it: my Penelope Square ArtScarf -- the very first in my ArtScarf collection. Wear one to celebrate imperfection, and carry art with you.
-- Lindsay, KitchenOperas
• Each scarf is printed and sewn in Montreal, Canada
• Chiffon (made from 100% polyester fabric): light weight, semi-sheer, with just a bit of sheen
• Very soft hand, lovely drape, mimics silk
• Handwash in cold water, lay flat to dry, iron on synthetic setting, may shrink after the first wash
• If your scarf feels stiff, mist it with water and tumble in a low heat dryer for 5-10 minutes